Subaru 3.0L H6 Long Block (2001-2009)
ENHANCED SUBARU LONG BLOCK
Here at Sunwest, we take pride in the Subaru engines that we build. Our engines are built to exceed the quality and performance of one from the factory by addressing the main causes of failure in Subarus: rod and/or rod bearing failure, oil consumption and head gasket failure. We are proactive by taking preventative measures to ensure that our motors outlast any other.
This package includes:
– Genuine Subaru Pistons
– King Bearings for Rods AND Mains (addresses rod bearing failure)
– Rods are reconditioned and resized to tighter tolerances (addresses Subaru’s known rod failure)
– New pin bushings are installed
– OEM Subaru Crankshaft
Machine Work Done:
– Engines are cleaned, all bolt holes checked and repaired if needed
– Surfaces are checked and milled
– Blocks are honed with deck plates to mimic the cylinder distortion of an assembled motor (addresses oil blow by)
– Blocks are bored and honed with a computer controlled diamond hone down to .0005″ clearance (addresses piston slap)
– Crankshaft is ground (if needed) and polished
– Deck Surface is milled on a CBN Rottler Machine
Additionally, our Long Blocks also include:
– Complete gasket set for install (including Genuine Subaru Head Gaskets)
– Complete cylinder head rebuild (new guides and seals, 3 angle valve job, cams reconditioned/polished, OEM cam seals)
– New PCI timing kit installed
– New OEM oil pump installed
– New Water pump installed
– All Long Blocks are pre-ran on our SIM test machine to give an accurate reading of oil pressure, cylinder compression and engine load
This is a custom build which means there is no core charge, but you have to send us your block first. We will rebuild it and send it back. Customer pays shipping both ways. Call to get a quote.
PLEASE CONFIRM PRODUCTION DATE AND MODEL BEFORE ORDERING TO ENSURE CORRECT FITMENT.
Once we have your engine here, please allow 5-7 business days to complete the build. There is no guarantee on transit time.
WARNINGS: To help ensure longevity if you are only purchasing a short block, please watch our YouTube video on how to make sure your heads/cams are properly cleaned and installed. Subaru SOHC camshafts are hollow for oiling, and they must be properly flushed. Failure to do this is the number one killer of new short blocks and WILL NOT be covered under warranty.
For turbo motors, if your engine went out due to a bearing or turbo failure, your oil cooler MUST be replaced to validate warranty (they cannot be flushed). The turbo must also be thoroughly flushed or replaced. Similar to the cams on SOHC, metal shavings settle in these areas and if not properly cleaned, will send metal right back into the new engine.
*Because this is a custom build, there may be additional costs for bad parts*
Shipping Info: This is a freight item, therefore must be delivered to/picked up from a commercial address that has the ability to load/unload a pallet from a truck. Arrangements can be made to deliver to residence for an extra charge. Please call for further information.