Here Are the Next Steps:
- Please allow 24-72 hours for a response (excluding holidays and weekends).
- We will review your submission and will follow up by either phone call or email.
- Keep in mind that the goal is to not have to pull the engine back out. That being said, we will have some troubleshooting ideas before we jump straight to pulling the motor, so please bare with us, we're just trying to cover all the bases.
- If the engine does need to come back out:
- Pull the engine out and strip it down to a long block, regardless of whether you purchased a long block or a short block, all warranties go through inspection as a long block. Failure to do so will result in loss of warranty.
- Drain ALL of the fluids. Failure to do so will incur a clean up fee.
- IMPORTANT: DO NOT REMOVE OIL FILTER, OIL PAN OR VALVE COVERS. Doing so will result in loss of coverage.
- Once the inspection is complete, we will present to you our findings with pictures and/or videos via email. From here, we will determine fault.
- If Sunwest is found to be at fault: we will make the necessary repairs and ship the engine back to you at our expense**
If you (the customer) are found to be at fault: we will draw up an estimate for the cost of the repairs and await your approval. After it is approved, we will make the necessary repairs and, once the invoice is paid, ship the engine back to you.
- *Please Note: the warranty resumes where it left off, it DOES NOT start over.
- ** If you have labor costs that need warrantied: As stated in the warranty description, Sunwest will cover up to $35 per hour. The purpose of this is to cover the cost of the shop's tech. Warranties are not meant to be profitable, the goal is to make sure the customer is taken care of.