ENHANCED SUBARU SHORT BLOCK
Here at Sunwest, we take pride in the Subaru engines that we build. Our engines are built to exceed the quality and performance of one from the factory by addressing the main causes of failure in Subarus: rod and/or rod bearing failure, oil consumption and head gasket failure. We are proactive by taking preventative measures to ensure that our motors outlast any other.
Blueprinted Performance Build Includes:
– STI Nitrated Crank
– Manley H-Beam Rods
– Manley Forged Stroker Pistons
– ARP Head Studs Included
Short Blocks – $3,195 / $500 core
Machine Work Done:
– Engines are cleaned, all bolt holes checked and repaired if needed
– Surfaces are checked and milled
– Blocks are honed with deck plates to mimic the cylinder distortion of an assembled motor (addresses oil blow by)
– Blocks are bored and honed with a computer controlled diamond hone down to .0035″ clearance (for high boost) or .003″ (for mild boost)
– Crankshaft is polished
– Deck Surface is milled on a CBN Rottler Machine
– Balanced rotating assembly
– Closed Decking Available (adds 3 weeks to build time) $1,000
– Head Bolt Hole Reinforcement Available $400
Additionally, our Long Blocks also include:
– Complete gasket set for install (including 6-Star multi-layer steel head gasket, addresses head gasket issues)
– Complete cylinder head rebuild (new guides and seals, 3 angle valve job, cams reconditioned/polished, OEM cam seals)
– OEM timing kit installed
– OEM oil pump installed
– New Water pump installed
– All Long Blocks are pre-ran on our SIM test machine to give an accurate reading of oil pressure, cylinder compression and engine load
There is a $500 refundable core deposit in addition to the purchase price, that is REQUIRED before item will ship. Some or all of you deposit will be refunded once your core is returned and inspected. We can send you an invoice over eBay or a separate one over e-mail. Customer pays return shipping for core.
PLEASE CONFIRM PRODUCTION DATE AND MODEL BEFORE ORDERING TO ENSURE CORRECT FITMENT.
For turbo motors, your oil cooler MUST be replaced (they cannot be flushed). The turbo must also be thoroughly flushed or replaced. Similar to the cams on SOHC, metal shavings settle in these areas and if not properly cleaned, will send metal right back into the new engine.
We also have new parts available including: oil pumps, water pumps, timing kits, gasket sets, oil cooler and turbos. Give us a call today!
*NOTE: $500 Core Charge (Refundable Deposit)