ENHANCED SUBARU SHORT BLOCK
Here at Sunwest, we take pride in the Subaru engines that we build. Our engines are built to exceed the quality and performance of one from the factory by addressing the main causes of failure in Subarus: rod and/or rod bearing failure, oil consumption and head gasket failure. We are proactive by taking preventative measures to ensure that our motors outlast any other.
Blueprinted Performance Build Includes:
– STI Nitrated Crank
– Manley H-Beam Rods
– Manley Forged Stroker Pistons
– ARP Head Studs Included
– Short Blocks – $3,195
– Core Deposit – $500
If you do not have a core or will not be sending one back:
– Core Purchase – $600
Machine Work Done:
– Engines are cleaned, all bolt holes checked and repaired if needed
– Surfaces are checked and milled
– Blocks are honed with deck plates to mimic the cylinder distortion of an assembled motor (addresses oil blow by)
– Blocks are bored and honed with a computer controlled diamond hone down to .0035″ clearance (for high boost) or .003″ (for mild boost)
– Crankshaft is polished
– Deck Surface is milled on a CBN Rottler Machine
– Balanced rotating assembly
Additionally, our Long Blocks also include:
– Complete gasket set for install (including 6-Star multi-layer steel head gasket, addresses head gasket issues)
– Complete cylinder head rebuild (new guides and seals, 3 angle valve job, cams reconditioned/polished, OEM cam seals)
– OEM timing kit installed
– OEM oil pump installed
– New Water pump installed
– All Long Blocks are pre-spun on our SIM test machine to give an accurate reading of oil pressure, cylinder compression and engine load
Before item will ship, there is a $500 refundable core deposit in addition to the purchase price that is REQUIRED. Once your core is returned and inspected, some or all of your deposit will be refunded. Customer pays return shipping for core. If you do not have a core or will not be sending one back, you may purchase the core from us for $600.
PLEASE CONFIRM PRODUCTION DATE AND MODEL BEFORE ORDERING TO ENSURE CORRECT FITMENT.
For turbo motors, your oil cooler MUST be replaced (they cannot be flushed). The turbo must also be thoroughly flushed or replaced. Similar to the cams on SOHC, metal shavings settle in these areas and if not properly cleaned, will send metal right back into the new engine.
We also have new parts available including: oil pumps, water pumps, timing kits, gasket sets, oil cooler and turbos. Give us a call today!
*NOTE: $500 Core Deposit (Refundable)
$600 Core Purchase (Non-Refundable)