Here at Sunwest, we take pride in the Subaru engines that we build. Our engines are built to exceed the quality and performance of one from the factory by addressing the main causes of failure in Subarus: rod and/or rod bearing failure, oil consumption and head gasket failure. We are proactive by taking preventative measures to ensure that our motors outlast any other.
2006-2010 Legacy Outback
This package includes:
– NPR Teflon coated, Hyper-Eutectic Pistons and rings
– King Bearings for Rods (XPG) AND Mains (addresses rod bearing failure)
– Rods are reconditioned and resized to tighter tolerances (addresses Subaru’s known rod failure)
– New pin bushings are installed
– OEM Subaru Crankshaft
Machine Work Done:
– Engines are cleaned, all bolt holes checked and repaired if needed
– Surfaces are checked and milled
– Blocks are honed with deck plates to mimic the cylinder distortion of an assembled motor (addresses oil blow by)
– Blocks are bored and honed with a computer controlled diamond hone down to .0005″ clearance (addresses piston slap)
– Crankshaft is ground (if needed) and polished
– Deck Surface is milled on a CBN Rottler Machine
Additionally, our Long Blocks also include:
– Complete gasket set for install (including 6-Star multi-layer steel head gasket, addresses head gasket issues)
– Complete cylinder head rebuild (new guides and seals, 3 angle valve job, cams reconditioned/polished, OEM cam seals)
– New OEM timing kit installed
– New oil pump installed
– New Water pump installed
– All Long Blocks are pre-ran on our SIM test machine to give an accurate reading of oil pressure, cylinder compression and engine load
There is a $300 refundable core deposit in addition to the purchase price, that is REQUIRED before item will ship OR you can send us your engine first. Some or all of you deposit will be refunded once your core is returned and inspected.
PLEASE CONFIRM PRODUCTION DATE AND MODEL BEFORE ORDERING TO ENSURE CORRECT FITMENT.
WARNING: To help ensure longevity if you are only purchasing a short block, please watch our YouTube video on how to make sure your heads/cams are properly cleaned and installed. Subaru SOHC camshafts are hollow for oiling, and they must be properly flushed. Failure to do this is the number one killer of new short blocks and WILL NOT be covered under warranty.