Fully remanufactured Subaru short block built to exceed OEM specifications. Remanufactured under the strictest of standards, using only premium quality parts. This item requires a $300 refundable core deposit in addition to the purchase price. When you send your old core back to us, we will refund your deposit after we verify that it is a rebuildable core. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us toll free.
Subaru EJ25 Short Block 2.5L SOHC 1996-2005; 2006-2011 2;lk. Legacy, Impreza, Outback, Forester Models.
ENHANCED SUBARU SHORT BLOCK
Here at Sunwest, we take pride in the Subaru engines that we build. Our engines are built to exceed the quality and performance of one from the factory by addressing the main causes of failure in Subarus: rod and/or rod bearing failure, oil consumption and head gasket failure. We are proactive by taking preventative measures to ensure that our motors outlast any other.
This package includes:
– NPR Teflon coated, Hyper-Eutectic (not cast) Pistons and rings
– King Bearings for Rods (XPG) AND Mains (addresses rod bearing failure)
– Rods are reconditioned and resized to tighter tolerances (addresses Subaru’s known rod failure)
– New pin bushings are installed
– OEM Subaru Crankshaft
Machine Work Done:
– Engines are cleaned, all bolt holes checked and repaired if needed
– Surfaces are checked and milled
– Blocks are honed with deck plates to mimic the cylinder distortion of an assembled motor (addresses oil blow by)
– Blocks are bored and honed with a computer controlled diamond hone down to .0005″ clearance (addresses piston slap)
– Crankshaft is ground (if needed) and polished
– Deck Surface is milled on a CBN Rottler Machine
Additionally, our Long Blocks also include:
– Complete gasket set for install (including 6-Star multi-layer steel head gasket, addresses head gasket issues)
– Complete cylinder head rebuild (new guides and seals, 3 angle valve job, cams reconditioned/polished, OEM cam seals)
– New PCI timing kit installed
– New OEM oil pump installed
– New Altrom OEM Water pump installed
– All Long Blocks are pre-ran on our SIM test machine to give an accurate reading of oil pressure, cylinder compression and engine load
There is a $300 refundable core deposit in addition to the purchase price, that is REQUIRED before item will ship. Some or all of you deposit will be refunded once your core is returned and inspected. We can send you an invoice over eBay or a separate one over e-mail. Customer pays return shipping for core.
PLEASE CONFIRM PRODUCTION DATE AND MODEL BEFORE ORDERING TO ENSURE CORRECT FITMENT.
We have these on the shelf, ready to go and can usually ship same day if ordered by 3pm PST.
WARNING: To help ensure longevity if you are only purchasing a short block, please watch our YouTube video on how to make sure your heads/cams are properly cleaned and installed. Subaru SOHC camshafts are hollow for oiling, and they must be properly flushed. Failure to do this is the number one killer of new short blocks and WILL NOT be covered under warranty.